The position is part of a dedicated team of eight individuals responsible for all facets of the fund accounting, corporate finance, financial reporting and investor relations functions for a publicly listed company.
The company is a multi-asset class platform dedicated to pursuing special situations, middle market direct lending and credit-oriented adjacency opportunities on a global basis.
• Assist with all accounting responsibilities within the monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting cycles
• Assist in oversight of the accounting functions performed by TSL’s Administrator (State Street)
• Update and reconcile internal investment and accounting activity to TSL’s Administrator
• Assist with production and review of quarterly and annual SEC filings (Form 10-Q, Form 10-K, Form 8-K, etc.)
• Regularly review cash and position reconciliations provided by TSL’s Administrator and clear any discrepancies
• Manage and analyze P&L activity impacting TSLX
• Support treasury and cash management operations
• Gather info for financial statement and SOX audit requests/research questions from auditors
• Assist with various compliance reports (e.g., credit facility, BDC/RIC, etc.)
• Develop and maintain efficient internal controls and business processes
• Identify and help solve for critical accounting and reporting issues
• Interface as necessary with external auditors, internal auditors, and service providers
Requirements / Qualifications:
Candidates should ideally possess 2 to 4 years accounting experience in a combination of public accounting, debt investments, fund administration, or another private equity or investment management firm. Familiarity with business development companies, bank loans, fund administration, and general ledger systems are a plus.
• Strong accounting and excel skills; professional certification required (CPA or equivalent)
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Strong understanding and application of accounting rules and industry accounting practices • Detail-oriented, responsible, and proactive
• Deadline-oriented to meet time-sensitive regulatory and contractual requirements
• Adept at problem solving • Candidate must be self-motivated and willing to work in a team environment
• Candidate must have attention to detail and be focused on multiple demands and deliverables