Prop Trading firm seeking Accounting Policy Manager to join its fast paced environment!
Financial Services Firm
This role involves working, in conjunction with the accounting teams in the US and globally, to maintain the US firms’ books and records and a system of controls around financial reporting, prepare/review the monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements
The individual will also be heavily involved in accounting policy decisions, GAAP interpretations, and will work closely with the outside auditors and advisers.
Specifically, this individual will proactively address accounting issues as they arise and consider the impact across the firm in order to develop, document, and implement accounting policies and procedures associated with new and/or unusual transactions or as a result of changes in the relevant GAAP.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- 8 to 15 years’ experience in an accounting background
- Ability to handle competing priorities and to work effectively in a challenging, fast-paced environment
- Solid accounting foundation (ie, comprehensive understanding of the financial statements)
- An in-depth understanding of US GAAP
- Ability to research and interpret the relevant/complex accounting literature