The Accounts Receivable Manager will manage the daily operations and strategic objectives of the company’s corporate accounts receivable department. The manager will ensure accurate receivable records and billing documentation are provided to support outstanding account balances. They will oversee all intercompany billing transactions, recording and collecting payments from our company’s customers both internally and externally. They will create financial reports relating to the status of all accounts. The manager will be responsible to evaluate current methods and procedures of the accounts receivable department and provide recommendations to improve efficiency. The manager will be responsible for leading a team of accounts receivable associates and supporting their day to day responsibilities. The ideal candidate is familiar with billing/collection accounting procedures and can manage daily financial transactions end-to-end. This manager will work directly with the director of accounting. Ultimately, the manager should be able to ensure accuracy, efficiency and effective collections throughout our entire accounts receivable process.
This company is a fully-integrated, highly diversified industry leader with experience in virtually every aspect of development, acquisitions, management, finance, marketing and sales.
- Oversee all aspects of the accounts receivable department
- Ensure all customer billings are processed timely and accurately
- Ensure proper recording, reconciling and application of cash
- Ensure timely collection of payments for all outstanding invoices and monitor all collection activities
- Develop processes to improve cash flow and downsize receivables.
- Direct interaction with customers on collection matters and dispute resolution.
- Supervise responsibilities of account receivable associates and provide required assistance
- Set objectives for the accounts receivable associates that align with the accounting department’s goals
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, annual and ad-hoc reporting for upper management
- Recommend improvements to accounts receivable processes to drive efficiencies
- Maintain and update all account receivables process flows and procedure documents.
- Provide technical support to billing, collection and cash application departments and ensure compliance to company standards.
- Special projects as assigned by management
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance,
- 7+ years work experience in Accounts receivable role.
- Proven work experience as an Accounts Receivable Manager or Supervisor
- Demonstrate extensive knowledge and understanding of proper accounting treatment for accounts receivable transactions and activities
- Hands on, self-starting, disciplined, and detail oriented individual with ability to work independently in a high volume environment that requires a work product that is accurate and timely
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Successful in dealing with customer and company personnel at all levels of the company
- Excellent analytical skills along with the ability to create and present detailed reports
- Problem-solving attitude
- High degree of integrity including ability to successfully deal with sensitive or confidential information
- Proficiency with standard suite of Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel
- Knowledge of JD Edwards and Hubble reporting software a plus