Responsible for cash management, regulatory reporting and maintaining the books and records for the funds.
One of the world’s leading investment firms seeks to create positive economic impact and long-term value for investors, the companies they invest in, and the communities in which they work.
• Prepare, review and post J/E into Investran (G/L accounting system)
• Manage the cash balance of each fund to determine the need for capital calls, distributions, etc.
• Review and prepare quarterly and annual financial statement packages including investor reporting
• Coordination of capital calls and distributions
• Reviewing of waterfall calculations
• Reviewing of management fee calculations and billing statements
• Review work product from outsourced providers
• Liaise with other areas, including tax, legal and treasury
• Review and understand partnership agreements
• Work closely with senior team members on accounting issues
Assisting with special projects and internal ad hoc request
Requirements / Qualifications:
• 4 – 6 years of related experience in public accounting and/or private equity fund administration
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
• Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Excel and strong analytical skills
• Strong understanding of partner allocations, distribution waterfalls, IRRs, investor multiples
• Ability to work in a fast paced professional environment and handle multiple projects
• Ability to build working relationships across various departments with individuals at different experience levels
• Highly motivated and self-starter
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Investran experience a plus
• CPA / CPA candidate a plus