Exciting career opportunity in the Assurance team located in our Roseland-Parsippany, NJ office. We are looking for an experienced Assurance Senior Associate to join our team.
One of the top advisory, assurance, and tax firms in the United States, combining the resources and technical expertise of a national firm with the hands-on, entrepreneurial approach that today’s dynamic business environment demands.
The Assurance Senior Associate works directly with Managers and Partners of the firm. We help our Assurance Senior Associates grow and develop their career through collaborative workgroups and mentoring across peers and managers. Seniors are instrumental in mentoring and developing Associate level staff, and is the primary lead on client engagements walkthroughs, reviewing workpapers, and helping to identify/resolve audit issues. Your focus will initially be on the following 3 areas:
• Audit and Accounting
• Task and Engagement Management
• Personal and Professional Development
Assurance Senior Associates review and prepare financial statements, footnotes, and work papers. They demonstrate professional creativity in dealing with client matters and make constructive suggestions to improve client operations. The Assurance Senior effectively analyzes client transactions, recognizing potential or existing problems, conducts appropriate research, and works closely with managers on resolving the issue.
Specific duties include:
• Understanding the purpose of accounting and general ledger recording procedures.
• Performing accounting procedures and/or tax applications in accordance with firm standards and in an accurate, thorough and timely manner, including proposing journal entries to client general ledgers
• Serving as the Engagement Lead on specific client accounts, taking responsibility for pre-engagement planning, execution, and final deliverable
• Developing a detailed engagement work plan, illustrating budgets and schedules
• Monitoring project status against the work plan and communicate schedule adjustments to managers and/or partners
• Developing a professional relationship with the client and serve as the primary point-of-contact
Requirements / Qualifications:
• Education: BS/BA accounting; CPA designation or eligibility to sit is highly desirable
• Minimum 3 busy seasons of audit & accounting experience in a public accounting arena
• Excellent analytical, technical, and auditing skills including knowledge in US GAAP, GAAS, and PCAOB rules and standards
• Knowledge of FAR and CAS
• Exceptional client service and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships
• Strong leadership, and mentoring skills, coupled with excellent written, interpersonal, and presentation skills
• Computer expertise including knowledge of audit-preparation software and an understanding of the impact of technology
• Strong research skills
• Proven technical skills with MS Office applications such as Excel, Word, and Outlook; audit software, ProSystems or GoSystems, and Caseware experience a plus
• Solid organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to multi-task