The Director of Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) will be responsible for providing forward-thinking financial information and analysis to support decision making and strategy to the senior leadership of the firm. S/He will work collaboratively with the company’s Executive Officers, the Commercial and Residential FP&A teams, Accounting as well as all business unit leaders including the real estate development teams and operating groups.
This company is a fully-integrated, highly diversified industry leader with experience in virtually every aspect of development, acquisitions, management, finance, marketing and sales.
- Synthesize, summarize and provide critical thinking for senior executives on financial matters across the company’s various business units.
- Report on portfolio-wide metrics including, but not limited to: key capital events, investment and return metrics, property financial performance, liquidity, and valuation.
- Manage the consolidation of portfolio-wide financials and investment details.
- Prepare ad-hoc analysis for senior executives.
- Prepare capital budgeting and reforecasting, including cash/working capital.
- Drive integration of financial information and analysis with business unit leaders to identify smart actions and mitigate any potential risk.
- Be a “truth seeker” who will identify inconsistencies within the business units and set standards for budgeting, performance metrics and reporting.
- Analyze and develop recommendations for significant budget and plan to actual variances. In addition, analyze business results and provide upper management with commentary on performance.
- Prepare ad-hoc analysis for the internal investment owners and external investors.
- Working strategically with the business development and operations group.
- Lead the development and implementation of portfolio level financial models, reports, graphs, metrics and other analysis.
- Organize people and activities to meet commitments on tasks, projects or other deliverables that support the department’s goals and objectives.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- A minimum of 8-10 years relevant experience in Financial Planning & Analysis, Accounting, consulting, and/or investment banking.
- Strong project management skills, results-driven, adaptable with ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Produces executive-ready materials.
- Consistently attempts to find efficiencies and establish processes across workstreams.
- Pursuer of high integrity data and information.
- Strategic thinker with a keen understanding of value creation.
- Creative and innovative problem-solver.
- Ability to think as easily at 60,000 feet as at the granular level.
- Naturally thinks and acts like an owner.
- Superior interpersonal skills:
- Ease in working with people up and down the organization hierarchy.
- Naturally adaptive to different audiences.
- Diplomatically assertive.
- Strong sense of integrity and ethics. Values entrepreneurialism. Demonstrates strong intellectual curiosity; always seeking new approaches and challenging the organization to new levels of success.
- Excellent written and verbal and communication skills.
- Undergraduate degree required.
- Undergraduate degree
- CPA, MBA and public experience, a plus