Responsible for assisting the finance department in creating accurate and timely financial records for the firm’s MBS funds, including both Residential and Commercial.
Leading, privately-held alternative investment firm.
• Liaise with the fund administrators for shadowing of the books, preparation of monthly estimates, ensuring NAV is correct, working on the financial statements, valuations of the portfolio, yearly audit etc.
• Maintain a full set of parallel books and records to shadow fund administrator.
• Responsible for the review and approval of month end accounting records from administrator, including economic allocations, expense accruals, incentive fees, management fees and capital activity.
• Responsible for portfolio valuation review and coordination with administrator.
• Responsible for the preparation of financial statements and timely completion of audit.
• Calculate fund’s capital calls and distributions.
• Provide corporate accounting department with regular reporting of revenues, AUM and performance.
• Fund expense payments and budgeting.
• Act as the liaison with outside service providers (servicers, administrators, auditors, and tax consultants).
• Liaise with other functional areas of the Firm including Trade Operations, Investor Relations and Client Services, Compliance, Legal, Tax and Portfolio Management.
• Ad Hoc requests and special projects as necessary.
Requirements / Qualifications:
• Two to four years of relevant experience in a corporate environment, preferably in the financial services industry
• Fund accounting experience.
• Graduate degree in Accounting with exemplary academic performance (GPA of at least 3.5 or equivalent)
• Licensed CPA or have passed exam and awaiting licensure.
• Individual must be extremely detail oriented.
• Individual must have strong drive and initiative.
• Individual must be collaborative to effectively liaise with various internal departments and colleagues as well as able to work independently.
• A forward thinking, creative individual with high ethical standards.
• Superior verbal and written communication skills, including ability to communicate effectively and professionally with third parties.
• Exceptional organizational skills with ability to report in a transparent and concise manner.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to resolve internal differences and observe confidentiality.
• Ability to be discreet and handle confidential, sensitive information.