In this role, the Junior Fund Accountant will be responsible for all aspects of accounting for a group of funds and separately managed accounts.
This company manages in excess of $7 billion for a variety of clients, including Public and Corporate Pension Funds, Endowments, Corporations, Health Systems, Insurance Companies, Pooled Investment Vehicles, other Investment Advisors, and Sovereign Wealth Funds, based in the Americas, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East.
- Prepare cash, position, and market value reconciliations between the firm’s records and counterparty records for the firm’s funds and separately managed accounts
- Research sources of reconciliation breaks and liaise with Fund Accounting and Operations team members and counterparty contacts to resolve breaks in a timely manner
- Maintain in-house accounting records for separately managed accounts and prepare net asset value calculations on a monthly basis
- Monitor cash and margin balances and wire funds as needed
- Prepare requests for invoice payments and associated supporting schedules
- Work on ad-hoc projects as needed
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Undergraduate degree in accounting or finance
- Prefer 1-2 years of prior experience in fund accounting with experience in portfolio reconciliation
- Excellent attention to detail
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Works well in a team environment