The Manager will be responsible for providing operational, production and staff oversight to the group.
Global asset manager offering active solutions across all fixed income markets.
• Daily oversight of confirmation and settlement team supporting transactions for Domestic and Global markets.
• Overseeing production output of staff as well as researching/resolving confirmation discrepancies and fails.
• Able to oversee training of new hires on all operational functions
• Able to analyze and present key metrics to senior management.
• Help develop departmental policies, guidelines and procedures per the regulatory guidelines.
• Able to make timely and confident production and staffing decisions while weighing in the impact to processes and the organization.
• Anticipating issues that may adversely affect the operational support of all Bond products and taking action to mitigate risk of occurrences.
• Proactively seeking ways to improve current processes by leveraging the tools available to identify inefficiencies.
• Cultivating both internal and external relationships to ensure proper service levels are achieved per client.
• Communicating operational support changes and initiatives to all impacted areas
• Keeping abreast of industry initiatives and market trends that can impact our business model and/or offer opportunities to improve our processes.
• Assist with effort to align market changes and provide technical expertise related to the industry.
Requirements / Qualifications:
• Strong leadership, analytical & problem-solving skills
• Ability to oversee both production and projects
• Strong communication skills
• Enjoys a fast-paced environment
• Able to multi-task
• Ability to organize, prioritize tasks and work on a deadline
• Knowledge of Global bond products preferred.
• Strong Knowledge of DTCC, SWIFT, OASYS, Trade Web, Bloomberg, Blackrock vendor applications
• Advance Excel, Project Management, Tableau, Power BI, Data Management skills strongly preferred.
• Strong knowledge of fixed income products and investment strategies
• Solid understanding of application of business risk & operational controls
• Industry experience required (7-10 plus yrs) Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
• Management experience required (3-5 plus yrs)