Amazing opportunity to join a growing real estate asset manager!
- Boutique Firm
- Extensive exposure to CFO, deal team and Investor Relations team.
- Accounting for Fund & Property level.
- Awesome quality of life (8:30a-6:00p)
- Summer Fridays (afternoon dismissal)
The position will be responsible for maintaining the books and records of various individual Funds, as well as the underlying investments. This includes the financial reporting (both Property Management and Debt investments), management reporting, budgeting and cash management functions for the Funds and the respective underlying real estate investments (capital calls, allocations, monthly cash flow analysis and distributions). In addition, the role will include performance reporting for the Funds and the underlying investments in the funds.
Specific responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
· Preparation of financial statements required for internal and external reporting. Responsible for accurate and timely financial reporting and for interpreting financial results.
· Oversee real estate property, debt investment and accounting functions.
· Coordinate the audit process with the outside auditors.
· Work with the Asset Management Group and Property Managers in reviewing all capital budget folders, invoices,
· Understand client agreements and promote (carry & incentive fee) calculations.
· Analyze and post quarterly investment valuations.
· Review annual property budgets.
· Prepare property cash flow waterfall calculations and distributions.
· Update quarterly, YTD and ITD fund and investment level IRR track records.
· Work with investor relations and deal teams on client presentations as requested.
· Oversee Accounts Payable related to specific fund investments.
· Enhance and improve internal controls, and risk management for unds and properties.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Real estate accounting and finance experience is preferred.
- Exposure to Asset Management Fee Calculations and transactional accounting.
- Specific experience with property fund accounting, partner allocations and distribution models.
- Knowledge of IRR modeling, Carry and Waterfall calculations.
- CPA strongly preferred.
- Computer efficient and real estate software knowledgeable
- Technology skills utilizing some or all of the following:
- Microsoft Office
- Yardi Voyager General Ledger Software,Yardi Payscan & Construction Management Module
- Concur Expense Report Software
- VTS Leasing and Asset Management Software
- Honest Buildings Project Management Software