This position will report to the Vice President – Finance and Investor Reporting and will have varied responsibilities, including but not limited to: preparation of various internal and external reports to investors, preparation and analysis of finance related information required for regulatory compliance reporting, preparation, maintenance, and analysis of finance related data, and assisting in a variety of special reporting projects.
This company is a leading global growth equity firm providing capital and strategic support for growth companies. This company combines a collaborative global approach, sector specific expertise, a long-term investment horizon and a deep understanding of growth drivers to collaborate with great entrepreneurs and management teams to build exceptional businesses worldwide.
Financial Modeling & Analysis
– Assignments requiring financial modeling and analysis that will entail learning the intricacies of our investment program and capital / investor base.
– Maintain intricate Excel models that are substantial in size and require sharp attention to detail.
– Perform checks and reconciliations to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the information reported.
– Assist in the preparation of an investor hurdle report.
– Prepare and distribute existing reports and create new insightful reports and dashboards over time utilizing data from the in-house data warehouse and other sources along with migrating historical reporting data into the data warehouse.
External Compliance and Regulatory Reporting
This position will be responsible for assisting with the preparation of various compliance reports. These compliance reports include, but are not limited to:
– Annual SEC reports (ie: Form ADV and form PF).
– Treasury and FRBNY compliance reports (ie: forms BEA, TIC-SLT, SHLA and SHC).
– EU compliance reports (ie: form AIFMD).
This person will also be involved with the consistent updating of portfolio investment and investor data needed for compliance reporting.
Special Reporting Projects
The Finance Group Analyst will assist in a variety of special reporting projects generally involving the accumulation, aggregation, or disaggregation of various finance data elements maintained in various data structures.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required (preferably in Finance, Accounting, or Economics)
- Ideal years of previous experience: 2
- Prior experience working and understanding reporting received from outside investments is highly desired
- Ability to learn new concepts and stay organized
- Processes data quickly and accurately, attention to detail
- Advanced Excel skills (i.e. lookups, pivot tables, complicated equations, etc.)
- Python and VBA – a plus
- Great analytical skills for reports
- Deadline orientated in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills