The position will play a critical role within the accounting team for the management company in managing expense and financial statements.
Roles and responsibilities within the team may vary from time to time amongst the team as well as additional ad hoc projects.
The firm’s unique, globally integrated partnership ensures that all of our resources are committed to the success of each portfolio company. Regardless of an investment’s stage of development, industry focus or geography — the right people, with the right experience, are available to every entrepreneur and management team.
- Full financial statement responsibility for various foreign offices as well as support for others
- Maintain/update cash projection and request cash needs for various offices
- Review monthly general ledger activity & trial balance, ensuring validity of account balances as well as the coding and vouching of invoices, journal entries for necessary accruals, account coding etc.
- Support Quarterly Executive Management Group reporting
- Management of expenses including the review and coding of invoices
- Ensure policy and procedures are adhered to for invoices and expense reports
- Monthly account analysis and reporting, including analysis of fluctuations from prior year for various accounts
- Strong use of system to obtain financial data from the system for analytical purposes as well as optimal usage of the GL
- Accounting research and recommendations to manager re: issues/concerns, improvements for existing processes
- Billing of Detailed Expenses to Private Equity funds, Portfolio Companies etc providing all necessary support
- Data requests, ad-hoc requests as well as anticipation of needs for internal clients
- Continually being proactive in improving work flow, processes, policies, account analyses and distribution of relevant information
- Anticipation of the needs of internal clients
- Assist in management of department assistant for various related tasks
- Experience in developing and evaluating internal controls
Requirements / Qualifications:
- BS in Accounting
- At least 10+ years progressive public & private accounting
- CPA helpful
- Team player
- Must be a self starter with strong self motivation, taking full ownership of assigned responsibilities and willing to assist in team responsibilities
- Strong understanding of accounting principles and financial statement components, including accrual accounting
- Focused, detail oriented and quality conscious with a strong ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Excellent computer skills, with intuitive understanding, including but not limited to excel, pivot tables, report generation and accounting/accounts payable systems
- Excellent professional communication skills
- Excellent work ethic
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work with all levels of management and employees in an open team environment
- Professional services industry and foreign office experience a strong plus
- Write and speak in Mandarin a strong plus