Drive success to the operations and administration of one of the firm’s latest investment opportunities in Real Estate. Manage the day to day oversight for key relationships with global best in class service providers (fund administration, external valuations service provider, public accounting firm). Working with the Investment Teams, Finance Team, and external fund administrators to… >>>
The firm is a privately-held investment firm that serves some of the world’s most influential families and organizations. We are a trusted advisor and thought partner, facilitating meaningful strategic relationships across investment opportunities, family governance and global impact.
- Drive success to the operations and administration of one of the firm’s latest investment opportunities in Real Estate.
- Manage the day to day oversight for key relationships with global best in class service providers (fund administration, external valuations service provider, public accounting firm).
- Working with the Investment Teams, Finance Team, and external fund administrators to process capital calls, distributions, wire transfers, and investor updates.
- Provide review and oversight to work completed by the fund administrator.
- Support the Real Estate team as needed with a flexible ability to be able to work effectively with third party property managers, operating partners, joint venture executives and lenders.
- Support the investment teams in deal funding operations.
- Support the Private Equity & Real Estate teams in data maintenance for portfolio investments.
- Support Merchant Bank team with special projects including preparing slides, maintaining dashboards, and providing ad-hoc reporting.
- Assist with review of quarterly valuation analysis and play a key role on the valuation committee.
- Assist in review of quarterly GAAP financial statements and Limited Partner reporting packages prepared by fund administrator.
- Provide support to the finance team in annual financial statement audits and tax filings.
- Support the accounts payable function to review and allocate incoming invoices for payment.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- 5-7 years of experience in public accounting, industry fund accounting experience in real estate at an investment manager, relevant experience at a global fund administration firm.
- Technical expertise in open ended fund structures, REITs, real estate accounting experience (operating/non-operating models/equity pickup models/fair value accounting) desired.
- Technical knowledge regarding investment valuations under Investment company accounting guidance – ASC 820.
- Has general tax knowledge and experience specific to real estate investments and fund structures.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment to drive success to support our open ended real estate investment platform which is quickly gathering momentum.
- Experience in software packages such as Yardi is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree with concentration in business/accounting/economics/finance.
- Superior Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Superior communication skills, oral and written.
- The candidate should be highly motivated, self-driven, have strong work ethic, and should be solution and detail oriented.
- CPA is required, NCREIF membership/familiarity is a plus.