This company seeks a talented Senior Fund Operations Analyst to join the firm’s Investment Operations Team in our New York City office. The Investment Operations Team plays a key role in overseeing the operational efforts and functions of this company firm-wide by providing middle and back office services for the Family Office and Merchant Bank groups. The team coordinates the investment process and treasury functions for this company investment vehicles to ensure a timely and seamless close, as well as manages the lifecycle of the investments. The team serves as the central point of contact for this company’s Client Teams and the Investment Strategy Group, along with third-party fund managers, administrators, auditors, and other service providers.
This company is a privately-held investment firm that serves some of the world’s most influential families and organizations. We are a trusted advisor and thought partner, facilitating meaningful strategic relationships across investment opportunities, family governance and global impact. With over 200 people across San Francisco, Palo Alto, New York, and Singapore, this company provides financial advisory and family office services, and manages direct investments with a focus on technology growth equity, venture capital, middle market buyout and real estate.
Fund Administration –
• Coordinate quarterly financial statement production for vehicles. Review prepared tax documents for accuracy.
• Manage processing and reconciliation of subscription documents, capital calls, transfers, redemptions, and distributions across our various vehicles.
• Work with Fund Administrators to ensure proper accounting and maintenance of our Portfolio Management System.
• Review Portfolio Management System for accuracy and completeness with respect to valuations, commitments, capital calls, distributions, etc. Resolve any reconciliation discrepancies in a timely manner.
• Review capital calls and distributions. Ensure accurate and timely notification, reconciliation of incoming funds, and delivery of funds to the relevant third party/parties.
Investment Activity –
• Manage investment process – coordinate with Investment Team, communicate schedule to Client Teams, manage subscriptions, and arrange funds flow.
• Review performance reporting system to ensure data is accurate and consistent with other internal systems (e.g. research systems).
• Review third party investment valuations.
• Facilitate timely responses to ad hoc requests from Client Teams.
• Drive comprehensive and precise centralized record-keeping.
• Initiate and implement process improvements.
Requirements / Qualifications:
• CPA required.
• 4+ years of Audit, Accounting or Operations experience within Hedge Fund, Private Equity/Venture Capital firm or Fund Administrator.
• Experience with Addepar, Investran or other Portfolio Management Accounting System.
• Experience with Salesforce or other Customer Relationship Management platforms a plus.
• Solid understanding of the subscription and redemption processes, and of the Net Asset Value calculation.
• Strong Excel skills (construction of pivot tables, and use of VLOOKUPs, SUMIFs and similar formulas).
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills (must communicate effectively with internal and external parties, across various levels of seniority).
• Self-starter and highly motivated.
• Organized and detail-oriented.
• Ability to adapt and thrive in a dynamic a fast-paced environment.
• Bachelor’s degree and a solid academic background.