The Tax Associate will provide domestic and international tax compliance and reporting support.
One of the world’s leading investment firms seeks to create positive economic impact and long-term value for investors, the companies they invest in, and the communities in which they work.
- Performing and reviewing tax allocations of partnership income.
- Performing and reviewing tax provisions for blocker corporations.
- Compiling and reviewing tax data for federal and multi-state tax return & Schedule K-1 preparation -both partnership and corporations.
- Identifying and performing/reviewing states withholding tax requirements relating to state income allocation to nonresident recipients.
- Gathering and analyzing financial information from underlying portfolio companies for purposes of US filings – PFIC, CFCs, 926 forms, etc.
- Identifying and performing/reviewing US withholding tax requirements relating to income allocations to foreign and tax-exempt recipients.
- Researching domestic and foreign tax reporting issues.
- Responding to Limited Partners’ tax inquiries or ad-hoc requests.
- Reviewing FATCA and CRS reporting.
- Responding to tax authority requests & notices.
- Coordinating with financial reporting and tax advisors to ensure proper accounting of transactions.
- Supporting Finance team and liaising with other business units, as needed.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- 4+ years of Big 4 tax experience in private equity, investment partnership, or fund-of-fund.
- Must have relevant tax experience with a concentration in domestic partnerships.
- Corporate tax experience is a plus.
- CPA or graduate degree preferred.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to work with complex data to drive decision-making.
- Ability to produce timely and accurate records, with an emphasis on the importance of supporting work paper documentation.
- Highly organized and proactive, with follow-through on commitments.
- Strong work ethic, responsiveness and passion for customer service and quality.
- Effective verbal and written communicator.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and dynamic culture, with the ability to take initiative and be hands-on.
- Able to handle multiple tasks and prioritize accordingly.
- Excellent team player and good interpersonal skills.