Hedge Fund Operations Role – $10B AUM Hedge Fund in NYC!!
3 days in / 2 Remote
Gym in Building
- Responsible for trade capture, trade blotter reconciliations and resolution of exceptions
- Liaise between trading desk, prime brokers and custodians, and executing brokers to fix any trade related issues
- Facilitate trade settlement breaks and fails resolution; act as liaison between trading desks, executing brokers, counterparties, and custodians to resolve issues
- Perform daily trade affirmation and confirmation to ensure trading activity is confirmed, allocated and communicated to all custodians and brokers
- Respond to any trade related questions from service providers and trade desk
- Responsible for security setup and data management in security master and data warehouse
- Review daily cash and position reconciliations
- Monitor daily cash reconciliations for any cash reconciling items to ensure up-to-date cash balances for funds managed
- Monitor daily position reconciliations for any position related differences to ensure accuracy of internal reporting and proprietary trade blotter
- Respond to any cash and position related inquiries from investment team and service providers
- Process coupons, dividends, paydowns, drawdowns and distributions in portfolio accounting system
- Assist in trade life cycle events related to private and structured asset investments, including complex SPV structures, restructurings, reorganizations, securitizations, and other transactions related to asset servicing
- Manage and communicate with third party middle office and fund administration teams to ensure proper booking and processing of all investment life cycle related activities
- Look at existing processes and relationships and make suggestions on how they could be changed to improve end to end operational support.
- Work on projects relating to system/process enhancements and re-engineering of operational workflows.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- 4-8 years of experience in operations, accounting, hedge fund administration, valuation or finance
- Credit hedge fund background preferred with solid product knowledge including Credit Derivatives, Corporate Bonds and Bank Loans
- Experience with VPM, Eze, IVP Security Master is a plus