NYC Hedge Fund is searching for Accounting professionals to join their Accountant Rotational Program!
- $60B AUM NYC based Hedge Fund
- Offices world-wide
- Hybrid work schedule
- Excellent benefits including medical and prescription drug coverage, 401k contribution matching, wellness reimbursement, family building benefits, and a charitable gift match program.
Rotational accountants at our firm collaborate on challenging, impactful projects while rotating through two departments over the course of two years. The program is designed to provide exposure to the firm’s accounting and reporting groups that are responsible for its hedge fund vehicles and its management companies. The role offers the opportunity to be part of an inclusive, collaborative, and engaging working environment.
You’ll prepare and analyze monthly and annual financial statements and handle investor, management, and regulatory reporting for multiple legal entities in global capital markets. You may also work on special projects such as launching new fund vehicles, conducting historical analyses, fielding bespoke requests from various internal groups including senior management and investing groups, and working with our software developers to improve and re-engineer existing processes. You’ll have the opportunity to gain a macro view of the firm’s financial activities, learn about complex legal entity structures and transactions, and enjoy substantial interaction with other internal departments, including Investor Relations, Management Reporting, Tax, Treasury, Payroll, Legal & Compliance, and software development groups.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Candidates should have between two and four years of experience in public accounting or an accounting or reporting function at a hedge fund, investment manager, or other financial services firm.
- A major or concentration in accounting is required and a CPA is beneficial.
- Proactive, detail-oriented, and organized individuals with an aptitude for accounting and a facility with numbers will excel in this role.