The role of Accountant, reporting to the Senior Accountant of Internal Accounting, will be an important component of the team. The individual will be responsible for assisting the team in all aspects of bookkeeping and accounting activities.
Direct lender and credit asset manager.
- Performing accounting and bookkeeping activities including the following:
- Performing bank and credit card reconciliations
- Entering cash, payable / receivable and mark-to-market journal entries
- Updating fixed assets schedules
- Archiving bank / broker and investment related supporting statements
- Assisting with the monthly closing and quarterly financial reporting
- Assisting the team with the execution and administration of the principals’ alternative asset portfolio. This includes completing subscription documents, gathering quarterly statements, ensuring all capital calls are completed in a timely fashion and uploading cash flow information into eFront.
- Assisting the team in preparing tax estimates, tax work papers for outside tax accountants and tracking the receipt of tax support throughout the year including 1099’s, K-1’s, etc.
- Maintaining financial, legal and accounting files and records
- Working independently and as part of a team on internal reporting requests on a reoccurring or ad-hoc basis
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with 2-3 years of relevant experience in accounting required
- Detail oriented
- Experience with QuickBooks, Workday, or other software is a plus
- Understanding of and sensitivity to confidential information is a must
- Excellent computer skills required, specifically with the Microsoft Office product suite
- Excellent Excel skills is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal / written communication and organizational skills
- Ability to drive projects to completion independently, while also functioning effectively in a team environment