Seeking an Accounting Analyst to join the team!
1. General Information
• Hiring Department/Group: Finance/Compensation Accounting
• Job Title: Accounting Analyst
• Office Location: New York, NY
2. Job Function Summary
Are you a sharp, energetic Accounting professional looking for an intellectually meaningful and multifaceted role in an ever-evolving organization? If so, we’re looking for someone like you to join our Compensation Accounting team as an Accounting Analyst.
The Compensation Accounting team handles all compensation related expenses for the firm. This group partners with Trading Management, Human Resources, and Legal on the management of trader payouts, core compensation and firm deferred compensation. Day-to-day, you will be responsible for preparing and reconciling monthly payout accruals, payout estimates, and final payout calculations.
You will also be working on monthly income statements for trading teams, reporting, and various ad hoc requests. Ideally, you will be motivated to take on strategic projects to help increase efficiencies, while also having the poise and confidence to liaise cross-functionally, be it with senior management or front office professionals.
This position demands an analytical approach to problem-solving, as well as outstanding organizational and multi-tasking skills. It requires you have a keen eye for detail and able to deliver in a fast-paced, demanding environment while remaining calm under pressure.
3. Principal Responsibilities
• Responsible for preparing month-end closing, journal entries, various reconciliations, and compensation-related processes
• Focus will be on compensation accounting, including trader payouts, employee special investments, compensation analysis and automation of various processes
• Interaction with various other departments including HR, legal, middle office, IT, trading teams and business heads
• Help implement reporting/analysis to senior management that adds value/impact to overall business streams
• Ad-hoc projects as needed
Requirements / Qualifications:
• 4+ years in a Finance or Accounting Role, (e.g. preferably public and/or private accounting background with hedge fund experience in compensation accounting)
• Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting, finance, or related field preferred
• Solid communication skills, both verbal and written
• Good teammate with a strong client service mentality, as well as a willingness to participate and help others
• Quick learner, detail oriented; proven thoroughness and strong ownership of work
• Strong Excel skills (including v-lookup and pivot tables); experience with Oracle would also be ideal
• Shown success prioritizing in a fast paced, constantly changing environment; high sense of urgency and resilience