Thriving Credit Investment Platform comprised of Hedge Funds, Separately Managed Accounts and CLOS with Assets-Under-Management in excess of $5 Billion!
The client is a growing credit investment platform comprising Hedge Funds, Separately Managed Accounts and CLOs with over $5 billion in AUM.
The client is seeking a talented individual to join the organization as an Accounting/Finance Associate. The ideal candidate must be comfortable working in a small team, demonstrate initiative and have a proactive attitude towards problem solving.
Firm offers a hybrid work schedule – 3 days per week in-office (Tuesday through Thursday weekly)
Firm offers great perks including a brand new gym on-site (Free Membership).
• Participate in the financial accounting close for our hedge funds and separately managed accounts.
o Analyze income and expenses for master/feeder, closed-end and stand-alone structures
o Monitor and update fund expense schedules
o Review and reconcile administrator financials – review position and cash breaks, prepare PNL reconciliations and tie-out FS to underlying supporting schedules
o Track capital activity, prepare capital call and distributions and review investor allocations
o Post investor statements to LP reporting portal
o Review performance allocations and individual investor statements
• Audit support including financial statement review, updating audit schedules and working with various counterparties to confirm fund positions.
o Play an active role in the year-end audit process including transaction and valuation support, confirmation processing, financial statement review and updates and other tasks relevant to the audit
o Maintain process documentation for audit and internal control purposes
o Support tax reporting initiatives including reviewing K-1s and preparation of schedules
• Assist with month end close support for SMAs and other vehicles assigned by management. This includes review of financial statements, performance tracking, management/incentive fee calculations and other functions critical to the month end close.
• Assist in daily PNL and attribution reporting for the hedge funds and separately managed accounts.
• Prepare expense allocations for Hedge Funds, Separately Managed Accounts and CLOs.
• Participate in initiatives or projects related to business development and investor reporting.
• Assist with regulatory reporting and preparation of various reports to internal and external end users.
Requirements / Qualifications:
• 5 to 7 years of experience in accounting or auditing within a Hedge Fund. Combination of Public and Private Experience preferred.
• Degree in Accounting or Finance
• CPA (preferred)
• Sound product knowledge including Credit Derivatives, Corporate Bonds and Bank Loans.
• Understanding of Treasury function and Prime Broker financing would be a plus.
• Highly motivated and driven to succeed in a challenging environment.
• Excellent interpersonal skills in both the written and verbal form.
• Strong MS Office skills (particularly Microsoft Excel).
Estimated Base Salary Range: $130,000-$160,000 + Bonus: (Client is positioned to buy-out a year-end bonus)