Corporate Accounting opportunity on Long Island!!
Long Island Based Financial Services Firm
- Responsible for closing the monthly financials through preparation of monthly account reconciliations, compiling monthly financial statements, maintaining trust fund schedules on a monthly basis, reconciling bank accounts, preparing and entering journal entries and generating reports for various departments.
- Prepares, examines and analyzes accounting records, financial statements or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Communicate with clients regarding relevant issues, and deliverables.
- Prepares monthly, quarterly and annual work papers.
- Coordinate or manage completion of client accounting work with staff to exceed client expectations.
- Take ownership in being a part of a firm culture that values respect and integrity in its relationships with both clients and staff.
- Special projects, ad hoc reporting and other responsibilities as assigned.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Minimum four-year degree in accounting or related field.
- Minimum two years’ experience in accounting
- QuickBooks experience is required
- Ability to effectively manage priorities and projects in a fast-paced environment
- MSOffice skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- Excellent analytical skills and a thorough knowledge of accounting concepts to analyze financial reports and forecasts.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to solve business problems through the proactive identification of issues and subsequent collection, analysis, and interpretation of related data
- Experience supporting senior operating management