Top Hedge Fund seeks a resourceful and highly motivated individual to join its Finance and Operations group in Denver or New York
- Top Hedge Fund
- Responsibilities will include coordinating with the Finance and Operations team to ensure smooth monthly, quarterly, and annual closes for Top Hedge Fund investment funds, operating projects, and corporate entities involving a complex legal entity structure; driving process improvements and close-timeline enhancements; managing the financial statement audit process for approximately 28-plus audits covering corporate, project, and investment fund entities; and overseeing accounting operations, including consolidations of more than 600-plus legal entities and 60-plus wind and solar projects.
- You’ll also manage ad hoc requests from various stakeholders within the firm, including deal teams, asset managers, and FP&A; act as a senior reviewer for accounting, controlling, and financial reporting functions; and work closely with the technical accounting team to ensure appropriate GAAP treatment of a variety of deal transactions involving acquisitions, purchase and sale transactions, and restructurings.
- You’ll assist Top Hedge Fund senior management with ad hoc requests, reporting information, and special projects.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Candidates should have eight to twelve years of financial operations experience, preferably in the energy, real estate, or financial services sectors. Prior Big 4 experience is preferred but not required.
- Excellent analytical abilities, impressive communication and organizational skills, and superb attention to detail are all vital.
- The ability to work both independently and collaboratively with teams located in different time zones and jurisdictions is of great importance.
- A Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or similar certification is required.
- Experience with accounting for large and complex consolidations and M&A transactions is a plus, as is experience with Workday ERP.