Exciting Opportunity to join a growing fund manager in a fully hybrid role of both Fund Accounting & Trade Support!
Exciting and brand new opportunity with a growing credit investment manager whose platform includes Hedge Funds, SMA’s and CLO’s and several billion dollars in Assets-Under-Management
Participate in the financial accounting close for hedge funds and separately managed accounts.
o Analyze income and expenses for master/feeder, closed-end and stand-alone structures
o Monitor and update fund expense schedules
o Review and reconcile administrator financials – review position and cash breaks, prepare PNL reconciliations and tie-out FS to underlying supporting schedules
o Track capital activity, prepare capital call and distributions and review investor allocations
o Post investor statements to LP reporting portal
o Review performance allocations and individual investor statements
• Audit support including financial statement review, updating audit schedules and working with various counterparties to confirm fund positions.
o Play an active role in the year-end audit process including transaction and valuation support, confirmation processing, financial statement review and updates and other tasks relevant to the audit
o Maintain process documentation for audit and internal control purposes
o Support tax reporting initiatives including reviewing K-1s and preparation of schedules
• Assist with month end close support for SMAs and other vehicles assigned by management. This includes review of financial statements, performance tracking, management/incentive fee calculations and other functions critical to the month end close.
• Assist in daily PNL and attribution reporting for the hedge funds and separately managed accounts.
• Prepare expense allocations for Hedge Funds, Separately Managed Accounts and CLOs.
• Participate in initiatives or projects related to business development and investor reporting.
• Assist with regulatory reporting and preparation of various reports to internal and external end users.
Requirements / Qualifications:
• 5 to 7 years of experience in accounting or auditing within a Financial Institution. Combination of Public and Private Experience preferred.
• Degree in Accounting or Finance and CPA preferred
• Sound product knowledge including Credit Derivatives, Corporate Bonds and Bank Loans.
• Understanding of Treasury function and Prime Broker financing would be a plus.
• Highly motivated and driven to succeed in a challenging environment.
• Excellent interpersonal skills in both the written and verbal form.
• Strong MS Office skills (particularly Microsoft Excel).