The analyst will gather, analyze and present various data to support the Legal department globally. Additionally, the individual will work with department and key stakeholders to help drive process improvements and initiatives to support long-term transformation of the department.
- Gather, analyze and report on data to support the management of the Legal department including but not limited to legal spend, time metrics and department budget
- Create presentations that organize data in a digestible format to capture trends, identify improvement opportunities and drive data-driven decisions/actions
- Coordinate with the Legal department (and stakeholders) to ensure all departmental processes and procedures are documented and maintained
- Collaborate with department and key stakeholders (including IT) to define project scope, objectives, assumptions, dependencies, value proposition/rationale, and develop project plans to manage small to medium size projects
- Gain understanding of technology used by the department and work with the Technology LTI workstream to institute proper training in an effort to maximize technology effectiveness in supporting the department
- Perform monthly review of expenses posted to the department cost center and general ledger accounts and coordinate reclass of inaccurate postings
- Performing other duties relating to data analysis or process improvements as needed
Requirements / Qualifications:
- 2-3 years of experience working in a legal operations function preferred, ideally working in the investment management industry or with financial or investment related transactions;
- Strong project management and task organization skills;
- Demonstrated and effective analytical and problem solving skills and ability to escalate issues needing attention;
- Demonstrated track record of skillful communications and effective business writing and presentation skills;
- Expertise in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint and Word required with Visio recommended); and
- Experience with SharePoint preferred.