This position is responsible for overall performance calculation and distribution of our Structured Alpha Product, ensuring the reporting is accurate and provided to our stakeholders in a timely manner.
Global leader in asset management services and solutions.
• Continuous review and improvement of operational processes in order to drive simplification and effectiveness within the functional team, department, as well as the rest of the firm
• Investigate, research and resolve discrepancies, involving appropriate resources across product and or functional teams to bring issue to resolution on performance, contribution or attribution. Proactively address account issues taking into consideration the full investment process, taking an analytic approach to problem identification, definition and resolution.
• Monitor and address/understand impacts to service levels as identified by operational performance standards and metrics. Ensure appropriate metrics are captured to effectively monitor business processes
• Generate reports and follow up on information requests from investments, client service & sales and management
• Present research and report findings clearly and articulately with teams across multiple locations
• Assist Manager in contract compliance reviews via internal or external auditor
• Communicate information effectively to internal and external clients and business partners. Establish and maintain effective relationships with other functional groups within Ops and across the firm necessary to meet operational goals and objectives.
• Provide support for the investment teams as part of the product service teams. Work autonomously towards achieving department objectives and/or service levels.
• Expert vendor management capabilities when working with external third-parties and data providers
• Train and/or mentor other staff members, in combination with Team Lead, on operational processes and systems
• Other duties as assigned
Requirements / Qualifications:
CFA or MBA desired
Additional industry certifications desired, for example Certificate in Investment Performance Measurement (CIPM)
Experience in securities industry or other related fields
Must demonstrate leadership ability
Work in partnership with multiple levels of the business, including the functional team, Operations Department, the firm as well as vendors to ensure collaboration of efforts to drive process initiatives in the department
Work with Manager and Team Lead to support group motivation and morale objectives
Actively participate in and contribution to high level projects impacting the functional area. Lead projects with minimal direction from management.
Calm under pressure
Excellent people skills and good communicator; must be able to effectively communicate to various levels (mgmt, investments, sales/client service, outside business partners)
Advanced MS Office user (Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint)
Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, organized, methodical
Knowledge of investment vehicles (including, but not limited to: equities, fixed income, derivatives, international equities, currency, etc.)
Expertise in one or more operational functional areas
Advanced knowledge of all job functions, processes, and applications within the functional group, and/or product team
Demonstrate leadership capability in the team environment
Extensive derivatives knowledge, minimum 5-7 years experience
Bachelor degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics or related field