The Assistant Vice President will be responsible for maintaining the books and records for various private partnerships and separately managed accounts, as well as providing oversight for offshore accounting teams.
- Ensuring funds are being accounted for pursuant to the governing fund documents.
- Providing oversight and training to our offshore accounting team in preparing and maintaining the books and records of limited partnerships and/or separate accounts;
- Reviewing and resolving daily cash and asset reconciliation breaks.
- Recording and reconciling of hedging activity and ensuring investments are properly hedged.
- Reviewing and approving the postings of complex corporate actions;
- Estimating and posting of monthly closing accruals;
- Calculating of income and expense allocations to each partner, including updating of distribution waterfall based on the terms of the governing documents;
- Determining and preparing distributions and draw-downs;
- Preparing of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports to clients;
- Analyzing and calculating of performance metrics for partnerships/accounts as well as for each investment;
- Coordinating with funds’ independent auditors, custodians, prime brokers and fund administrators;
- Participating in projects as needed.
Requirements / Qualifications:
• Minimum 10 years experience with a mix of public and private accounting. At least 5 years experience within the financial services industry, preferably within the investment management industry required;
• Strong knowledge of reconciliation and account analysis;
• Excellent understanding of accounting and the ability to apply relevant investment company accounting rules;
• Solid analytical skills and ability to understand and resolve complex problems;
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word; and
• Proficiency in SS&C Geneva highly desirable.