HOT Opening with a NYC based Asset Management Firm that has an extensive background in Credit, Direct Investing and Origination from top global institutions!
Boutique Investment Management Firm with several hundred million dollars in assets-under-management is seeking a candidate that thrives in working within a fast paced environment and working in the private fund industry!
The Fund Accountant will participate in all operational, fund administration, and audit functions, acting as an integral part of a close-knit team of investment professionals. The Fund Accountant will be expected to manage the daily and periodic operational, fund administration, transactional processing, periodic reporting, and audit requirements of the firm’s privately offered Funds reporting to the Controller and Chief Operating Officer.
Responsibilities will include:
- Maintain of the daily operational and fund administration requirements of select funds
- Coordination with the fund administrator, audit, tax, custodian and primary operational vendors
- Coordination with the firm’s Managers and Direct investment Management Teams
- Coordination as needed with the auditor for the annual audit financial statements
- Cash management and transactional processing
- Assisting with client reporting and internal reporting as needed
- Project and ad-hoc assistance as required
Requirements / Qualifications:
- 2 years of prior experience with a public accounting firm, a Private Equity fund or a Fund Administrator
- Bachelor’s degree
- Prior experience in private equity, direct lending, and private fund operations and administration are a plus!
- Proficiency with direct investment operations, accounting and transaction servicing
- Proficiency in a variety of software applications, including MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Superior attention to detail and analytical skills