The Business & Financial Evaluation, Analyst will be responsible for performing initial and ongoing operational due diligence on hedge fund and asset management firms.
• Meet with and interview senior level management at active and prospective hedge fund investments to perform operational due diligence.
• Monitor a sub-set of hedge fund managers on a continual basis. Establish and carry out due diligence plans to maintain ongoing oversight.
• Document due diligence meetings and calls in formal written reports and risk assessments.
• Present verbal and written findings to internal and external parties, including Senior Management and investors. Clearly and professionally articulate technical concepts and business updates.
• Read and analyze hedge fund manager materials including marketing presentations, investor communications, regulatory filings, and audited financial statements, among other items.
• Perform due diligence on third-party fund administrators, technology consultants, compliance consultants, trading and operations software vendors and other service providers that support hedge fund managers.
• Review third-party background checks and other public record searches on investment subjects.
• Meet with prime brokers, hedge fund service providers and other industry participants and summarize key takeaways in a timely manner.
• Respond to client requests and inquiries regarding industry and investment manager-specific topics. As needed, discuss these requests and inquiries directly with clients.
• Monitor and research industry and regulatory developments. As needed, produce materials for internal and external distribution.
• Attend industry seminars and perform self-directed research to stay updated on industry trends and developments.
• Assist team members, Investment Strategy colleagues and Senior Management on special projects, such as research requests, benchmarking exercises and industry analyses.
• Develop and conduct internal training sessions on industry topics.
Requirements / Qualifications:
• Candidates should have 1-3 years of professional experience
• Preferred prior work experience includes financial, operational or compliance roles within a traditional or alternative asset management firm; financial consulting; experience at a public accounting firm, hedge fund administrator, prime broker or law firm’s alternative asset management practice
• Knowledge of hedge fund structures, terms, operations, accounting, valuation, trade flow and regulatory/compliance topics
• Strong work ethic, self-motivation, proactivity and organizational skills
• Team oriented
• Candidate should be willing to travel, both domestically and internationally