Responsibilities include month-end account and NAV preparation, expense and revenue reporting, preparation of audited financial statements, quarterly management and board reporting, and performance reporting.
One of the world’s leading alternative asset managers.
- Responsible for the review and approval of month end accounting records from internal portfolio management system, including cash, interest accruals and positions, CLO distributions, management and incentive fee and expenses for 20+ US and European CLOs and Capitalized Management Vehicle (“CMV”)
- Review and approval of CLO closing flow of funds, quarterly waterfall calculations and investor letters
- Develop analytical reports to monitor NAV movements and changes in account balances to ensure the Trial Balances are properly stated
- Review of monthly portfolio valuation, cash, positions reconciliations prepared by the Operations team
- Preparation and analysis of performance reports and other reporting for management team, marketing team and portfolio managers
- Identify areas for process improvement, developing solutions, and overseeing the prioritization and implementation of those solutions.
- Responsible for the preparation of capital calls, quarterly investor statements, Financial Statements and timely completion of audit (as required for the CMV and consolidated CLOs)
- Provide corporate accounting department with regular reporting of revenues, AUM and performance
- Maintain various CLO/CMV metrics with an emphasis on reviewing and creating metrics to identify problems and provide support to management team
- Coordination with marketing, performance reporting team, budget team, internal audit and tax department for various reporting
Requirements / Qualifications:
- 2-5 years minimum of work experience with CLO/CDO manager, CLO accounting firms or trustee
- Bachelor’s degree with a competitive GPA and demonstrated math or analytical ability
- Private Equity and Hedge Fund accounting and auditing
- Big Four / CPA
- Previous experience evaluating process controls, procedures, and flows
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to synthesize and see the big picture
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and work in a fast-paced environment