Premiere Private Equity Fund is seeking a Collateral Operations Associate!
- Premiere $50B AUM Private Equity Fund
- Monitor daily exposure using the firm’s collateral management system to ensure we issue and respond to all margin calls appropriately. This encompasses all types of trading agreements and types of financial products used throughout our portfolios:
- Cleared derivatives – interest rate swaps, credit default swaps, futures, options
- OTC derivatives – swaptions, cross-currency swaps
- Repo and Reverse repo – MBS, corporate bonds, US Treasuries
- FX forwards – both cleared and PB
- PB leverage
- Bespoke facilities
- Explain key drivers of exposure changes and margin calls to portfolio managers
- Book all margin-related activity in the firm’s accounting system (margin calls, margin interest, non-cash collateral movements, etc)
- Create and maintain margin loan models showing potential call and recall levels.
- Perform critical position and collateral balance reconciliations with counterparties and fund administrators.
- Ensure all collateral activity has settled properly by performing cash and wire reconciliations
- Work with the Investment Operations and Operations Infrastructure Development teams on various projects aimed to automate current processes.
- Monitor uncleared margin regulations (UMR) to ensure all funds are meeting regulatory requirements.
- Liaise with legal on current and future trading agreements to optimize margin terms.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- 2-5 years experience working in a collateral-focused role in a financial institution.
- B.S. or Master’s degree in finance, accounting, economics, or a related field.
- Technical skills: MS Excel, other MS Office programs
- Useful technical skills: programming languages (Python, VBA, SQL), Hazeltree, Acadiasoft, Visual Portfolio Manager, Bloomberg terminal.
- Familiarity with accounting concepts.