Start Up Hedge Fund seeking Controller
Start Up Hedge Fund
New long/short equity quant fund is looking for an experience accountant to serve as Controller. Responsibilities to include:
- Working with COO and other staff to set up fund accounting, systems and management company books.
- Aiding in firm set up including documentation and other areas.
- Overseeing management company books and working with outside accounting firm on partner taxes and financial matters.
- Striking monthly NAV, oversight of Investor Relations process and responsibility for daily P&L process.
- Interaction with the Fund’s Auditors and running annual audit process.
Candidate will have a critical role in the start-up and success of the firm and be involved in all aspects of the business. Will have regular contact with the COO and General Partner as well as all other members of the firm.
Candidate should have 6-10 years of accounting experience, and at least 2 year of direct hedge fund experience. Pay and benefits are competitive.
Requirements / Qualifications:
5-8 years experience from a Hedge Fund