$40B AUM Private Equity Fund in NYC is seeking a Custody Operations Associate for an Immediate Hire!!
$40B AUM Private Equity Fund
Fully Paid Benefits
3 Days in / Remote
8:30am – 5:30pm hours
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Coordinate all Custody aspects of Portfolio Company purchases and dispositions, including review and understanding of investment/transaction related documents (i.e. Share Purchase Agreements, Loan Agreements, Articles of Incorporation, Board Resolutions)
• Develop subject matter expertise in various Portfolio Companies by sector. Analyze and resolve complex problems and respond to inquiries related to those Portfolio Companies.
• Maintain database of securities held, ensure data integrity for all third-party records are up to date and managed appropriately
• Prepare asset verification analysis for external audit partners
• Assist in the maintenance of the firm’s data management platform to collect and analyze Portfolio Company data
• Foster a culture of collaboration within the team and across business lines
• Owning relationships and communication with external service providers including brokers, custodians, and transfer agents
• Assist with various custody/brokerage account openings. Ensures accurate maintenance and tracking of accounts including signatories and bank fees.
• Perform various weekly, monthly, and quarterly security holdings reconciliations. Resolve found discrepancies and data quality issues.
• Compile data from various sources into reports made available for broad use and consumption
• Partner with other teams across the finance organization to validate data for internal and external reporting
• Review of certain regulatory and compliance reports inclusive of SEC filings and audit independence
• Manage Portfolio Company Director & Officer (D&O) insurance policy collection and review
• Provide responses to ad-hoc requests as well as anticipate the needs of internal stakeholders
• Understand key business processes and support efforts to streamline and standardize by introducing automation or eliminating redundancies
Requirements / Qualifications:
• 2-4 years of experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in business-related discipline
• Proficient in Microsoft applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Power BI a plus)
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Detail oriented and quality conscious
• Ability to work independently and efficiently in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment
• Analytical aptitude and proficiency
• Proactive, organized and takes ownership of workload
• Demonstrates self-motivation and the ability to learn quickly