Top investment management firm hiring Equity Operations.
An investment management firm with a multi-strategy hedge fund offering. One of the world’s largest alternative asset management firms with $39 billion assets under management.
The ideal candidate has relevant professional experience in equity support, across execution (exchange billables, etc.) and prime brokerage financing. This skill set must be combined with strong technical skills (SQL, Python, Excel) which are applied in day-to-day responsibilities. Additional focus will include project management, enhancing current procedures, increasing team efficiency, as well as resolving ad hoc trade queries during the trade life cycle.
- Resolve execution and financing related inquires across the equity platform
- Daily trade and commission reconciliations/ ensuring timely completion and resolution of root causes of discrepancies
- Trade date affirmations/confirmations across equity products and T1 trade delta reporting
- Utilize third party vendors to off-shore tasks increasing day-to day efficiency
- Daily interaction with PM’s, prime brokers, custodians, and executing brokers
- Coordination with various internal departments on trade issues and new initiatives (equity business, execution, technology, finance, legal, compliance)
- Intraday monitoring of trade execution, commission schedules, and fail resolution
- Focus on process improvement/automation
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Bachelors’ degree required
- 3+ years of relevant equity experience
- Strong knowledge of financial instruments with emphasis on US equities, derivatives, and options
- Ability to implement and maintain new systems, procedures, and controls
- Systems: Imagine/ Omgeo Oasys/ Omgeo CTM
- Extensive knowledge of equity execution and prime brokerage financing
- Strong knowledge of financial instruments with an emphasis on US equities and process improvement
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to work independently and meet strict deadlines
- A working knowledge of fixed income cash and derivatives and futures and options; foreign equities knowledge will be an advantage