Market-leading capital firm looking for a Family Office Accountant.
A market-leading, award-winning direct lender and credit asset manager, with over $30 billion of capital under management, specializing in delivering reliable, creative and compelling financing solutions to U.S. middle market companies backed by private equity sponsors. The firm’s credit expertise also forms the foundation of our Late Stage Lending business and our Broadly Syndicated Loan investment program. Across our activities, we nurture long-term, win-win partnerships that inspire repeat business from our private equity sponsor clients and investors. Founded 25 years ago, the firm now has over 450 employees and lending offices in Chicago, New York and San Francisco.
The role of Accountant, reporting to the Senior Accountant of Internal Accounting, will be an important component of the team. The individual will be responsible for assisting the team in all aspects of bookkeeping and accounting activities. This role requires a professional, dependable, energetic individual with excellent attention to detail, excellent communication skills and the ability to manage several projects simultaneously to meet tight deadlines.
- Performing accounting and bookkeeping activities including the following:
- Performing bank and credit card reconciliations
- Entering cash, payable / receivable and mark-to-market journal entries
- Updating fixed assets schedules
- Archiving bank / broker and investment related supporting statements
- Assisting with the monthly closing and quarterly financial reporting
- Assisting the team with the execution and administration of the principals’ alternative asset portfolio. This includes completing subscription documents, gathering quarterly statements, ensuring all capital calls are completed in a timely fashion and uploading cash flow information into eFront.
- Assisting the team in preparing tax estimates, tax work papers for outside tax accountants and tracking the receipt of tax support throughout the year including 1099’s, K-1’s, etc.
- Maintaining financial, legal and accounting files and records
- Working independently and as part of a team on internal reporting requests on a reoccurring or ad-hoc basis
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with 2-3 years of relevant experience in accounting required
- Detail oriented
- Experience with QuickBooks, Workday, or other GL software is a plus
- Understanding of and sensitivity to confidential information is a must
- Excellent computer skills required, specifically with the Microsoft Office product suite
- Excellent Excel skills is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal / written communication and organizational skills
- Ability to drive projects to completion independently, while also functioning effectively in a team environment
Critical Competencies for Success:
Our Gold Standards Model defines key behaviors and competencies across 4 dimensions: Leadership, Achieving Results, Personal Effectiveness and Thinking Critically. These behaviors and competencies drive our ability to win together.
- Leadership: Role models in this area consistently focus on the right goals and priorities and continually develop themselves and others. Always team players, they influence and engage with others to contribute to a great culture.
- Achieving Results: Role models in this area are high achievers who develop careful plans and execute consistently and effectively. They hold themselves and others accountable for delivering high quality results.
- Thinking Critically: Role models in this area understand our business, rely on analytical reasoning to define and solve problems and make decisions effectively. They are forward thinking, anticipating issues and addressing them in advance.
- Personal Effectiveness: Role models in this area build strong relationships and communicate effectively. They are driven to exceed expectations and adaptable to changing circumstances.