Process the daily accounting function for institutional fixed income accounts as well as monthly cash and asset reconciliations. All work should be completed timely and accurately and reflect a solid understanding of Jennison Operations guidelines. The account load consists of fixed income strategies with a range of 35-40 accounts depending on the account complexity. It… >>>
We firm manages $224.3 billion in assets across a range of equity and fixed income investment strategies. Our equity expertise spans styles, geographies, and market capitalizations. Our fixed income strategies includes investment grade active and structured strategies of various durations. Our clients are global and include institutions, subadvisory clients, public plans, endowments and foundations, corporations, Taft-Hartleys, and OCIOs.
As a firm, we agree that long-term excess returns can be achieved through deep fundamental research, specialized teams of investment professionals, bottom-up portfolio construction, and high-conviction investing. Our portfolio managers average 28 years of industry experience and 16 years with Jennison. Our research analysts average 20 years of industry experience and 11 years with our company.
Process the daily accounting function for institutional fixed income accounts as well as monthly cash and asset reconciliations. All work should be completed timely and accurately and reflect a solid understanding of Jennison Operations guidelines. The account load consists of fixed income strategies with a range of 35-40 accounts depending on the account complexity. It is expected that the Specialist will proactively participate in the enhancement of workflows and processes to support greater efficiency.
- Ensure the integrity of all portfolio accounting data (daily and monthly).
- Reconcile cash balances, positions and trial balance
- Research and resolve reconciliation exceptions
- Escalate material breaks timely to a manager
- Understanding of accounting methods (accruals, principal & income) used at Jennison and across custodians.
- Cash flow processing
- Support Investor Services team when account events take place (new accounts, transfers and terminations)
- Identify and resolve failing trades:
- Understand relationship between Jennison/custodian/brokers and communicate effectively
- Prioritize TMPG claimable fails and execute partial trades when needed. Document fails that result in TMPG claims.
- Settlement process
- Working knowledge of different securities (Asset-Backed, Mortgage-Backed, Corporates, Treasuries, TBAs and Futures) and their settlement method
- Understand collateral management and relationship to trading activity
- Research and resolve margin wire breaks when necessary
- Confirm corporate action events in real time
- Responsible for overdraft monitoring, documentation and resolution
- Understanding of short term vehicles and the rate update process
- Responsible for one or more junior level team functions
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Economics, Finance or Accounting
- 1-3 years of relevant experience working with fixed income products preferably in Asset Management
- Proficient in MS Excel, with an ability to learn new systems
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Demonstrative knowledge in Fixed Income and derivative securities and their relevant transaction postings on the asset manager’s books
- Strong understanding of monthly reconciliation standards
- Strong quantitative/analytical skills
- Strong written communication skills; ability to communicate internally (upper management, Portfolio Manager’s or compliance) and externally (custodians & brokers)
- Experience with TLM Smartstream and Eagle Star a plus