30B AUM Private Equity Fund is looking to hire a fund accountant.
$30B AUM Private Equity Fund is looking to hire a Fund Accountant
Seeking a fund accountant to support the Direct Lending business. Fund Accounting has a significant presence within the organization. The position will be responsible for maintaining the books and records of several funds in accordance with GAAP within the Direct Lending Accounting team. The Fund Accounting Group also serves as a key liaison between several departments in the firm, including the Front Office, Operations, Financial Reporting, Technology, Tax, and Investor Relations.
- Responsible for accuracy of monthly NAVs through month-end review of reconciliations, trading PNL and accruals.
- Responsible for the quarterly preparation of several funds financial statements.
- Responsible for the year-end audited financial statements and related footnotes of several funds financial statements.
- Responsible for the accuracy of fund accounting, reporting, analysis and special projects, including developing a comprehensive understanding of products traded and processes utilized.
- Communicate directly with third party administrators.
- Interaction with the Front Office, Technology, Operations, Investor Relations, Legal, Tax, and Financial Reporting.
- Various investor relations information requests.
- Managing and modifying accounting/financial systems, procedures, and processes, as necessary.
- Part of a growing team and direct lending business.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- 3-5 years of Public Accounting (Audit – Financial Services) experience, CPA required.
- Experience with fixed income products a plus (especially originated loans, bank debt and CLO structures).
- Knowledge of the accounting issues and structures associated with hedge funds/private equity funds (open ended and closed ended funds).
- Wall Street Office, Visual Portfolio Manager, or Advent Geneva software experience a plus.
- Strong Accounting technical knowledge a plus.
- Team player and detail oriented.
- Must work well in a very dynamic and deadline-driven culture.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products (Excel, Word) required.