$9B AUM private equity firm.
$30B AUM Private Equity Fund is looking to hire a Fund Accountant
A fund accountant to support the firm’s MBS and NPL strategies. Fund Accounting has a significant presence within the organization. The position will be responsible for maintaining the books and records of several funds in accordance with GAAP. The role will also require interactions with several departments within the firm, including Operations, Financial Reporting, Tax, Legal, Investor Relations and Technology.
- Responsible for accuracy of NAV through month-end review of reconciliations, trading PNL and accruals.
- Communicate directly with third party administrators.
- Responsible for the review of quarterly and annual audited financial statements.
- Responsible for the accuracy of fund accounting, reporting, analysis and special projects, including developing a comprehensive understanding of products traded and processes utilized.
- Interaction with Operations, Investor Relations, Legal, Tax, Financial Reporting and Technology to resolve process and accounting issues.
- Coordination with internal tax professionals.
- Various investor relations information requests.
- Managing and modifying accounting/financial systems, procedures, and processes, as necessary.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 4+ years of public accounting or public/private mix. CPA preferred. Target candidate is Senior/experienced senior
- Experience with fixed income securities.
- Experience with private equity and hedge funds, as well as other complex structures.
- Team player and detail oriented.
- Must work well in a very dynamic and deadline driven culture.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products (Excel, Word) required.