Management Company Role – Top Private Equity Fund in NYC
$20B AUM Private Equity Fund
3 days in / 2 Remote
Fully Paid Benefits
• Prepare/ review monthly/ quarterly trial balances, financial statements and supporting work-paper packages.
• Work directly with Fund Accounting and Corporate Accounting teams to ensure proper treatment of underlying fund-level activity, expense accruals and other intercompany activity.
• Work with/ review administrator quarterly review packages (Credit fund GP).
• Prepare / review economic allocations and partner capital account roll-forwards.
• Work with public accounting firms on annual audits and Custody Rule Compliance
Capital activity/ processing:
• Calculate all contribution and distribution amounts for each GP member (including carried interest).
• Prepare all contribution and distribution notices, including detailed exhibits.
• Maintain loan and interest schedules and administer the GP’s leveraged co-investment program with a third-party bank.
• General cash management: monitoring contributions/ distributions (between the Funds as well as the GP members) and liquidity forecasting in advance of capital activity.
• Preparation of quarterly / semi-annual capital account statements and schedule of investments.
• Maintain the GP’s secure reporting website.
• Various year-end reporting deliverables.
Investor Services / Other:
• Onboard all new GP members.
• Interact with GP members including senior members of the Firm with respect to soliciting investment decisions, banking information, responding to questions and various ad hoc requests.
• Participate in the implementation of a new investor portal and accounting system
• Automate current processes and a multitude of other projects impacting the GP.
Requirements / Qualifications:
• College graduate with BA in Accounting or related field, CPA eligible preferred but not required. Strong academic record required.
• Proactive and positive attitude; energetic and cooperative team player; desire to make meaningful contributions on a small team.
• Strong attention to detail; thoughtful problem solver with an analytical mindset.
• Excellent excel skills including experience with sumifs, pivot tables, and arrays; VBA macro, Alteryx, Tableau or other related software experience a plus.
• Desire to work in a challenging environment; quick learner who can see the big picture.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to confidently converse with individuals at all levels.
• Superior organizational skills, ability to prioritize and multi-task; sound judgment.