Our client, a global alternative investment firm is looking for a Hedge Fund Financial Controls Manager.
Global Alternative Investment Manager with over $30B AUM
• Oversee the monthly hedge fund NAV process which includes the reconciliation of NAV and P&L with the
funds external administrator and the compilation of all supporting documentation necessary to facilitate
monthly fund NAV sign-off; investor capital review, investments existence and valuation support, market
value reconciliations, fund accrued expenses analysis, investment accrual support, etc.
• Calculate monthly balance sheets and income statements, including all hedge fund Gross Asset Values,
P&L, and side pocket profit and loss allocations.
• Review of all administrator fee calculations, including management fees and incentive fees.
• Preparation of both estimated and final fund level returns.
• Oversee the investor capital lifecycle, including the recording and processing of investor subscriptions,
redemptions, and transfers.
Requirements / Qualifications:
• Approximately 6-8 years of work experience and the ideal candidate would have a mix of public accounting
experience and private fund accounting experience (with an asset manager or administrator)
• Strong knowledge of investment company accounting, partnership accounting and the investor capital
• Knowledge of hedge fund investor capital and profit & loss allocations process including calculation of
complex incentive and management fee rates, hurdle rates, side pocket accounting and profit & loss
• Proficient in excel
• CPA License