Hedge Fund Trading Operations – $20B AUM Fund in NYC
$20B AUM Hedge Fund
3 Days in / 2 Remote
Fully Paid Benefits
The Investment Operations team provides trade and operational support to over 40 different Lines of Business. We create significant value across the Firm’s investment strategies and infrastructure functions by providing data analysis, reporting, and by developing solutions to complex operational hurdles to allow the business to achieve its goals. We adapt to dynamic business requirements by combining product expertise, technology, and a flexible, data-driven approach.
The team supports the RMBS, CMBS, Corporate Distressed, Emerging Markets, Private Equity, Non-Performing Loan, and Real Estate investment strategies. We work closely with investment staff on closing new deals, liquid trading activity, portfolio financing, and hedging risk. We also support the broader business by working closely with the Accounting, Tax, Legal, and Investor Relations teams on a variety of initiatives and projects.
Cash Rec Specialist Responsibilities
1. Primary owner of the firm’s cash reconciliation platform (Intellimatch), ensuring that all book-side and bank-side cash activity reconciles every day. Work closely with the rest of the Investment Ops team to understand the deal / trading activity in order to resolve breaks.
2. Monitor cash balance dashboards to ensure there are no material differences between book cash balances and actual cash balances at any given point in time.
3. Improve and create new match rules to automatically clear as many items as possible.
4. Manage incoming cash feeds to ensure that feeds are accurate, complete, and that all accounts are in proof. Work with counterparties to resolve issues.
5. Liaise with fund administrators to assist them with parallel cash reconciliation.
6. Monitor other critical reconciliations such as position recs with the PB and with fund administrators.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in finance, accounting, economics, or a related field.
- Technical skills: MS Excel, other MS Office programs. Familiarity with Intellimatch (or similar cash reconciliation system) and Electra cash feeds.
- Useful technical skills: programming languages (Python, VBA, SQL), Visual Portfolio Manager, Bloomberg terminal.