Looking for a Trade Operations Analyst to join our team.
• Work in conjunction with Investment, Risk Operations, and IT teams to ensure Separately Managed Accounts (SMAs), internal investments, and transactions are accurately booked into Security Master and our Portfolio Management and General Ledger systems
• Ensure investments are accurately priced and valued every day
• Work closely with third-party vendors, counterparties, and prime brokers
• Review reconciliations of SMA and internal investments that compare data in the General Ledger system with counterparty/prime broker data and Portfolio Management System
• Ad hoc tasks and projects
Requirements / Qualifications:
• The ideal candidate is a recent graduate with a bachelor’s degree and GPA of 3.5 or higher
• Majors in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Computer Science, or Engineering are preferred
• 0 -2 years of experience is preferred for this role. (recent graduates should have a minimum of one college internship at a bank, hedge fund, fund of funds, prime broker, accounting firm, or fund administrator)
• Strong Excel skills are required; experience with programming and using Bloomberg terminal, Portfolio Management, and General Ledger Systems are a plus but not required.
• Very strong problem-solving capabilities (e.g., issue identification, problem structuring, etc.) combined with attention to detail: have a natural desire to “understand in detail” how things work and pay a great deal of attention to details and processes; candidate should be proactive, diligent, naturally curious, and have critical thinking skills to help identify, prevent, and resolve errors
• Strong quantitative skills: while the immediate role is not quantitatively heavy, it requires a level of comfort working with data and formulas
• Strong communication and presentation skills: the candidate needs the ability to exhibit competency and clearly articulate status of reconciliations, breaks, and issues with both the internal team and third-party vendor
• Team and values orientation: desire to work in a values-oriented environment rather than a profit-driven environment; a team player who places the best interests of the organization and its clients above personal objectives