Newly created role with a boutique Asset Management firm experiencing rapid growth!
Global multi-manager hedge fund adviser with with allocations outstanding of more than $5 billion.
The ideal candidate will have experience in the hedge fund industry and possess superior organization and management skills. The person will work alongside the Chief Financial Officer and the finance team to manage all aspects of accounting, reconciliation, treasury, reporting, audit and tax related functions. This person must be personable, professional, detail oriented, proactive, flexible and enjoy the challenges of working with a team of hedge fund professionals in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Participate in and oversee regularly occurring processes, including, but not limited to finalization of the monthly NAV, proper allocation of expenses, and quarterly financial statement reporting for the firm’s private credit investments and real estate holdings.
• Assist with the accounting function for the firm’s management company and general partnership in accordance with the expense policy.
• Assist in the operations and accounting related to the personal investments of the firm’s founding partners.
• Supervise and mentor part of a team of Fund Accountant level associates.
• Review the accuracy of financing charges in accordance with relevant prime brokerage agreements.
• Work with the Data Team and external consultants on automation of daily processes.
• Liaise with the General Counsel and legal team regarding quarterly and annual regulatory reporting.
Requirements / Qualifications:
• 8-10 years of relevant alternative asset experience with an asset manager with focus on accounting.
• Degree in Finance or Accounting preferred, but not required.
• Proficient in Excel.
• Highly personable and professional manner and demeanor required.
• Excellent organizational aptitude, time management skills, detail orientation, ability to multi-task, outstanding work ethic and strong interpersonal skills required.