The GP Accounting team is responsible for maintaining the financial information for this company’s general partner entities, as well the preparation of quarterly reporting and other deliverables for Partners, Principals and Vice Presidents.
The firm’s unique, globally integrated partnership ensures that all of our resources are committed to the success of each portfolio company. Regardless of an investment’s stage of development, industry focus or geography — the right people, with the right experience, are available to every entrepreneur and management team.
- Review of quarterly financial statements and allocations files of General Partner entities and other carried interest vehicles
- Review of quarterly reporting to internal Partners, Principals and Vice-Presidents
- Oversight of capital call automation program for professionals in cooperation with lending banks
- Preparation and review of cash planning analyses and forecasts for CFO and executive management
- Preparation and review of ad-hoc requests from:
- current and former carried interest participants
- external parties (ex: tax advisors, attorneys, financial planners, etc.)
- internal parties (CFO, Fund Accounting, Tax Accounting, Legal Group, etc.)
- Supervision and support of year-end external audits
- Assist in management of team consisting of 2 senior accountants, including providing written and verbal feedback
Requirements / Qualifications:
- 7-9 years of experience (experience as audit team manager on PE client OR audit team senior with industry experience at a PE firm strongly preferred)
- BS in Accounting required (CPA preferred)
- Strong understanding of investment company accounting principles
- Detail-oriented, quality-conscious, and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Will communicate with executive management, investment professionals and other company teams on sensitive matters
- Experience generating or reviewing partnership financial statements and partner allocations is preferred
- Excellent MS Excel and analytical skills are essential.
- Must be able to demonstrate leadership, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills