Top Investment Bank is seeking a Model Valuation Specialist!
- Top Global Investment Bank
- Oversight of monthly and intra-month Independent Price Verification (IPV) across multiple asset classes with a focus on derivatives and complex credit and interest rate products
- Development of valuation methodologies, model appropriateness and reserving; independent modelling of transactions may be required
- Review and deep-dive analysis of Level 3 (i.e. hard-to-value positions), bespoke and structured trades
- Responsible for the valuation control processes including but not limited to: valuation, leveling (i.e. Level, 1, 2 and 3), sourcing of market data and back testing, prudent valuation, model calibration, methodology reviews, reporting, observability and analysis of results. Respond to relevant regulatory and audit queries
- Involvement on the Market Risk side as fully integrated with Valuation function
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Math(s), Sciences, Finance, Business or other relevant degrees preferred. MS or higher education an advantage, post graduate finance related qualification (i.e. CFA or FRM) an advantage
- Experience working in a markets investment banking environment either in a valuation, risk management or front office (i.e. trading\structuring) capacity
- Knowledge of Emerging Markets interest rate and credit products, a plus.
- Detailed knowledge of financial instrument valuation and risks measurement in a complex product area, preferably in complex products or derivatives.
- Programming knowledge is preferred (e.g. VBA, C++, Python, etc.