Seeking an Operational Due Diligence Analyst.
Boutique specialist research and portfolio advisory firm providing hedge fund, private credit, and opportunistic strategy solutions to institutional investors.
Operational due diligence involves on-site visits/meetings with fund managers, verification with various service providers, reference checking, and document reviews. A significant portion of the role will entail liaising with external parties while performing due diligence and background checks, as well as reviewing underlying funds’ financial and legal documents. Drafting reports involves extensive writing for the client’s institutional clients. New hires will develop both the subjective and objective skills necessary to assess the business risks of alternative funds from an investor’s perspective. Over time, all operational due diligence professionals are expected to forge their own relationships throughout the industry.
- Conducting operational due diligence calls and meetings
- Assessing fraud risk, back office sufficiency, conflicts of interest and other potential business risks
- Drafting research reports and communicating research findings to clients
Requirements / Qualifications:
- 1 to 3 years of accounting, audit, operations, compliance or legal experience
- Solid academic record
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Ability to think analytically and critically
- Positive attitude
- Team player
- Strong work ethic