NYC investment management firm is hiring an Operations and Accounting Associate.
- Multi-strategy hedge fund
- Several billion dollars in AUM
- Accounting and operations related responsibilities on four fund structures with combined AUM of approximately $2 billion.
- Project management for fund/account/SPV (and other entity) formation.
- Project management for structured investments, both public and private. Take ownership of the entire private deal flow process, from Legal doc coordination to funding wires.
- Manage relationships with counterparties and service providers across the Ops spectrum.
- Special projects – e.g., transitioning to new service providers, onboarding new Ops technology, assisting with onboarding new investors.
- Interaction with senior management on various ad-hoc analyses of investment performance, exposure analysis, cash flow projections, and portfolio sizing.
- Daily trade processing.
- Daily P&L and exposure reporting to senior management.
- Monthly close of books to validate fund NAV calculations prepared by the fund administrator.
- Clear and settle trades with prime brokers and outsourced traders.
- SEC and other regulatory filings (e.g., Form 13F, Form PF).
- Collaboration with the fund administrator and auditor on annual financial statements.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- 4-6 years of experience at a public accounting firm and private buy-side investment manager (strong preference for direct investment management experience)
- Hedge fund operations and/or accounting experience preferred; CPA preferred
- Superior communications skills, particularly in written communications
- Excellent project management and organizational skills, inclusive of an ability to juggle multiple projects of varying priorities, across business segments and geographies, and to drive them all to completion without supervision
- Ability to work both individually and collaboratively
- Ownership mentality and an entrepreneurial approach to work
- Willingness to think critically, from first principles, and to change your mind based on evidence
- Experience with Excel formulas and pivot tables, VBA a plus