Top firm is hiring an Operations Associate in NY, Austin, and Chicago!
- Global institutional investment firm
- Gain mastery of the firm’s proprietary trade capture, trade management processes, and available reporting tools to continually improve our ability analyze and support internal customers
- Gain strong understanding of operational front-to-back processes, working to improve overall effectiveness of support throughout the firm
- Middle Office interacts with Executing Brokers, Prime Brokers, Fund Admins, and other counterparties on a daily basis. It is important to build and maintain relationships with these parties
- Adopt, integrate, and promote new technology as it becomes available
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Knowledge of and Experience with Commodities products a must,. 3+ years of experience in commodity markets as a trade assistant and or operations support. Preferred product knowledge Global Crude/Products/Gas/Power/Grains/Livestock/Metals/Softs.
- Candidate should demonstrate strong analytical and organizational skills; include proficiency with relevant energy commodity trading software and data systems (TT / Trayport / WebICE /CME Direct & Clearport / ICE E-Confirm / Beacon / Bloomberg).
- Trade, position and valuation reconciliation with the firm’s clearing houses and brokers.
- The ideal candidate will have experience with futures clearers (FCMs).
- Microsoft Excel proficiency required.
- Detail and results oriented, Team player, Able to make quick and independent decisions, a strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills, and ability to thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment, and work well in a tight-knit team environment.