Premiere Private Equity Fund is seeking an Operations Associate!
- Premiere $50B AUM Private Equity Fund
- Maintain the entire lifecycle of products traded across the MBS trading desks. Products include MBS, mortgage whole loans (RPLs and NPLs), US Treasuries, equities, financing arrangements (repo, bespoke facilities), and derivatives (Interest Rate Swaps, Futures, Credit Default Swaps, Swaptions, FX Forwards, etc.). Specific responsibilities include:
- Trade entry into the firm’s Order Management and Accounting systems.
- Booking and reconciling position maintenance events (paydowns, remittance, corporate actions, coupon rate updates, swap resets, CMBX rolls).
- Ensuring proper settlement of all trading activity on the street.
- Working with the trading desks, other infrastructure functions, and third parties to close unique deals. These include mortgage securitizations, resecuritizations, CDOs, and other bespoke financing facilities.
- Producing and tying out a Flow of Funds schedule for new deals
- Working with internal Tax group and external counsel on proper legal structures for new deals
- Liaising with financing counterparties to repay old financing and obtain new financing
- Liaising with trustees, prime brokers, and escrow agents to ensure proper settlement.
- Working with fund administrators, prime brokers, and counterparties to perform critical reconciliations.
- Month end position and PnL tie-out with fund administrators to close the books.
- Daily trade reconciliation with prime brokers.
- Derivative roll tie-outs with OTC counterparties
- Reconciliation of all book and street cash activity in the firm’s cash reconciliation system.
- Work with the Investment Operations and Operations Infrastructure Development teams on various projects aimed to automate/improve current processes.
- Liaise daily with the trading desks to assist with all ad-hoc requests, including P&L analysis, liquidity analysis, etc.
- Document non-standard trades, allocation errors, and participations for the firm’s allocation committee. Create standard fund allocations and hedge allocations.
- Maintain meta and financial data in our Data Warehouse Management system and build Data Warehouse reporting leveraging this information.
- Ad-hoc project ownership.
- Monitor daily/weekly/monthly checks and assist in development of new checks to manage operational risk.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- B.S. or Master’s degree in finance, accounting, economics, or a related field.
- Experience working with the various financial products described previously in a middle/back office capacity.
- Technical skills: MS Excel, other MS Office programs
- Useful technical skills: programming languages (Python, VBA, SQL), Visual Portfolio Manager, Bloomberg terminal.
- Familiarity with accounting concepts. Experience with SPV structures.