Boutique Hedge Fund seeking Operations Associate
• Boutique Multi-Strategy Hedge Fund
• Located in Brand New Midtown-West Office Space
• 50 Person Firm
• Firm has doubled in AUM in the last year – great opportunity to get in with a growing firm!
• Great company perks, competitive salary and 401K
• Tight knit, team oriented work environment, lots of opportunity for growth and ongoing development
•Report directly into the COO
Work closely with traders across multiple different strategies.
Product exposure equites, equity derivatives, futures, swaps, corporate, high yield and treasury bonds, credit default swaps, collateralized debt obligations, credit default swap index and options, and FX spot, forwards, and options.
Onboard new strategies to ensure trade flow between multiple risk and trading systems
• Help to onboard new prime brokers
• Interact heavily with the trading desk on a regular basis
• Build and run daily and T+1 reconciliations for all 8 strategies
• Book, reconcile, and settle trade breaks
• Work with portfolio managers on daily positional breaks to decrease risk associated with unsettled positions.
Requirements / Qualifications:
• 3-6 years of middle office experience
• Strong Excel skills
• Strong product knowledge
• Self-starter, good analytical and communications skills, excellent problem solving ability, and ability to work with various levels of management.
• 3.0 + GPA preferred