The successful applicant will work closely with the Head of Transaction Processing to ensure that trades (post execution) are processed in a controlled manner, thereby reducing the risk of settlement failure and incorrect positions. This involves monitoring and reporting on the status of a trade throughout its ‘life cycle’ as well as trade lifecycle events.
$98B AUM Alternative Asset Manager
• Undertake day-to-day duties as necessary and provide coverage during periods of high volumes or unexpected absences.
• Ensure defined standards, procedures and policies are appropriately followed, identifying potential efficiencies.
• Ensure all deadlines and deliverables are met, both individually and as a team.
• Escalate exceptions and issues in a timely manner to Head of Transaction Processing.
• Provide mentoring, guidance, and development feedback to team members as well as conducting training and performance reviews
• On-going review of processes and procedures to help identify areas for improvement which will maximise efficiency and effectiveness.
• Develop good working relations with other departments (Investment Managers, Legal, Risk Management and Control, Distribution, Finance and HR) and third party service providers.
• Become main (regional) liaison with the trading desk (globally)
Requirements / Qualifications:
• Minimum of 6-8 years’ experience in Operations / Middle Office of an investment management firm.
• Demonstrate a sound understanding of Emerging Market Fixed Income and Equity products.
• Demonstrate a sound understanding of the trade instruction, confirmation, fails, payment, and settlements processes.
• Ability to work under pressure, to prioritise and multiple tasks
• Strong organisational, problem solving and analytical skills with high level of attention to detail.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.